It was only hours after this picture was taken that we found ourselves on the way to the emergency room. Our Little E Man appeared to be fine most of the day except for the fact he did not want to wake up or eat. I put him on the floor and was playing with him this evening in an attempt to wake him to feed him. I had even called Craig earlier that day and expressed to him we were going to have a rough night because E had been sleeping ALL day. We put the twins to bed around 8:30 and that is when E started crying none stop. I am not sure I would even call it a cry. It was more of a SCREAM. After about an hour and a half I decided to take his temperature and it was 100.7 . Nothing too scary except I had just been at the doctor for his one month well check and on the paper they gave me it said an fever over 100.3 to call their office. (Praise God I had read that paper) We called the nurses advice line and we were told to go straight to the ER. Yoie came over and rescued us and spent the night with the twins. I was certain we would go to the ER discover he had an ear infection and be on our way home. Sometimes not knowing the storm you are about to have to walk through is better than knowing, this was definitely one of those cases. We got to the ER around 11:00 pm and we were immediately triaged. Because of E's age they saw us very quickly. His temperature had climbed to 102.9 in less than an hour and he was still screaming. The doctor was in our room within 5 minutes of our arrival and he explained we would be running many blood cultures, checking this blood work for a variety of possible issues, and doing a spinal tap. I was a bit more than scared and all I can say is God Bless Craig and his faith because like always he was MY ROCK!
The doctor continued to tell us we would be in the hospital for a minimum of 3 days and E would be on antibiotics. At this young age the treat very aggressively and ask question later. The story could go on and on and on, but to shorten it a little, he ended up having and infection in the blood and it was Group B Strep. This is a very serious infection and had we not gotten E the medical attention we did so quickly, our outcome would have been VERY different. We ended up staying in the hospital for 11 full days and he was IV antibiotics the entire time.
This was a definite struggle but we survived and came out the other side with our precious little E Man and the twins enjoyed their stays at Aunt Julie and Uncle Tom's house.
So many people helped with so many things that I can hardly thank everyone. Thank you mom for being there for me and helping me with the twins and holding my hand as I cried my eyes out. Yoie and Bach, thank you for helping with the twins. Jenn thank you for visiting and calling me. Kristen thank you for the same. Tom and Julie thank you for taking the twins that weekend and showing them the time of their lives! They will never forget the fun the had swimming, at the movies, eatting pancakes and living a life without structure!!! Thank you Aunt Lisa for helping with the twins. Most importantly thank you to everyone who prayed for E's recovery. God answered this one and I am most thankful!
No comments:
Post a Comment